Welcome Ronin!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Ronin!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Blade Chronicle Samurai Online

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ujio
Samurai in Training
Samurai in Training
Ujio

Blade Chronicle Samurai Online Empty
PostSubject: Blade Chronicle Samurai Online   Blade Chronicle Samurai Online EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 2:59 pm

Anyone here play Blade Chronicle Samurai Online?

It's Way of the Samurai Online. Or, what became of Way of the Samurai Online, after it was cancelled.

Unfortunately they strayed from the formula and added in a bunch of generic
mmo stuff. Like, magic, and a level system (Level 90 vs level 10; and you're a God, unbeatable. Whereas Way of the Samurai is based on player skill, with small elements of rpg giving you a slight advantage or disadvantage).

It has real-time combat, which is cool, and not so common with mmo's.
But, unfortunately that's a let down, as you can't block. Can only attack and dodge.

If only they'd made it "Way of the Samurai" "Online" - simple as that. Does exactly what it says on the tin.
Would be brilliant!
An mmo where combat is based on player skill. And weapons and equipment only give you slight advantage (Like, Mount&Blade, except that's not an mmo).

Imagine an open world that could contain all the locations from the Way of the Samurai (and shinobidou) games, like Rokkotsu pass, Amahara, Amana, Amihama, (maybe you could even get a ship to the United States of America and visit the location from Samurai Western) and potential to expand with new locations

Last edited by Ujio on Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Legna
Shinobi-Elite
Shinobi-Elite
Legna

PostSubject: Re: Blade Chronicle Samurai Online   Blade Chronicle Samurai Online EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 8:07 pm

Ujio wrote:
It has real-time combat, which is cool, and not so common with mmo's.
But, unfortunately that's a let down, as you can't block. Can only attack and dodge.

If only they'd made it "Way of the Samurai" "Online". Simple as that. Does exactly what it says on the tin.
Would be brilliant!
An mmo where combat is based on player skill. And weapons and equipment only give you slight advantage (Like, Mount&Blade, except that's not an mmo).

Imagine an open world that could contain all the locations from the Way of the Samurai (and shinobidou) games, like Rokkotsu pass, Amahara, Amana, Amihama, (maybe you could even get a ship to the Americas and visit the location from Samurai Western) and potential to expand with new locations

MMO's these days are actually going with skill based, real time action combat systems. Check out TERA, Vindictus, Blade & Soul, Black Desert, Askers Online, Moonlight Blade etc.

But I think you're onto something. I think it would be a neat idea to have an MMO WotS. But as it's an MMO it would need to have MMO elements like leveling and grinding for gear and what have you. If they could translate that into WotS well, then I'm down. Smile If not then I'd rather play an existing MMO.
Back to top Go down
Ujio
Samurai in Training
Samurai in Training
Ujio

PostSubject: Re: Blade Chronicle Samurai Online   Blade Chronicle Samurai Online EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 9:08 pm

Although the combat is real-time, it's not that dependent on player skill.

Player level is way more important in regards to victory. The higher your level, the more damage you can do, and the more damage you can take.

If a level 10 characters fights a level 90 character, the level 10 has practically no chance of victory, regardless of player skill.

This isn't how Way of the Samurai works.

The combat in Way of the Samurai is dependent on player skill.
The RPG elements, such as Attack and Defense stats on your sword, Max life increase, moves you can learn and weapon durability, only give you a small advantage, they aren't the deciding factor on victory (Unless you have an incredibly over-powered sword).

Last edited by Ujio on Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Legna
Shinobi-Elite
Shinobi-Elite
Legna

PostSubject: Re: Blade Chronicle Samurai Online   Blade Chronicle Samurai Online EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 4:19 pm

Ah, I wasn't referring to the game you mentioned if that's what you think. I was talking about action MMO's in general. Unless there's open PVP at all times like in DayZ or something then there's typically a system in place where a lv.10 can't fight a lv.90. Blade & Soul, like I mentioned earlier for example, has an arena that will match you against players near your rank. A level 20 can beat a level 45 if he has the skill despite his/her lack of skill points in comparison. And it happened fairly often when I played that game.  

Regarding "This isn't how Way of the Samurai works" well, we've never seen this series in MMO form so we don't know how it would work. It could very well be gear dependent. And since it would be an MMO they'd most likely have to adjust since stats are inherent with MMOs. It would be weird if someone just starting was on equal footing with someone who has been playing for months. Skill comes into play when you're fighting someone of similar gear/level to see who uses said assets better.

Part of the appeal of MMOs is acquiring better gear so you can take on that tough boss or going into that brand new endgame dungeon or something. A new player being able to do all these things as well kind of defeats the purpose. While that would be friendly to newer players it would also mean someone who invested more time in the game has nothing to show for their efforts. People who played longer in an MMO should have an advantage. Your proposal would work in a normal multiplayer game Like if there was an 8-64 player mode like in Battlefield or something. And I could see it working really well. But maybe not for an MMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blade Chronicle Samurai Online   Blade Chronicle Samurai Online Empty

Back to top Go down

Blade Chronicle Samurai Online
Page 1 of 1